Balsamic Dijon Pot Roast
Perfect for Sunday dinner when you would rather be spending time elsewhere than in the kitchen!
3-4 pound beef chuck roast
1 large onion
4 Tb. balsamic vinegar
3 Tb. dijon mustard
1 Tb. dried thyme
2-3 cups beef broth
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Heat about 1-2 Tb. vegetable oil in bottom of dutch oven over medium heat.
- Salt and pepper each side of roast and brown in heated oil.
- Remove from dutch oven and set aside. Coarsely chop onion and add to dutch oven; sauté 5 minutes; add vinegar and mustard; stir for 1 minute.
- Place browned meat on top of onion mixture; sprinkle with thyme and add beef broth by pouring around edges. I use 2 cups and reserve the additional cup if meat dries out during cooking.
- Place lid and place in oven. Cook 2 1/2-3 hours or until meat is tender.
- Fabulous with rice, pasta, potatoes, couscous, or chunk of rustic bread. Veggie and a green salad and walla—Enjoy!!